Pay a Traffic Ticket or Fine

Traffic citations and other fines may be paid in person, by mail, through a drop box, or online. Payments over the telephone are not accepted. View specific information about paying your parking ticket.

How to pay

Pay by mail or in person

The address to make a payment by mail or in person is:

City of Salem
Finance Division
555 Liberty ST SE RM 230
Salem OR 97301

Drop off your payment

You can drop off your payment at a secure drop box located:

  • In front of the City’s Finance Office, 555 Liberty Street SE, Room 230

Pay online

Online payments made through CitePayUSA are assessed a 5.95% surcharge. You can learn more about CitePayUSA and how it works. If you have problems loading CitePayUSA, please update your browser or enable your browser’s TLS (transport layer security) 1.2 setting.

Please provide the following information:

  • Your citation number or case number
  • Your Oregon driver license number or license plate number
  • Your date of birth

If your driver license is suspended or pending suspension, and you have paid your case in full, you must contact the court directly.

Pay online



If you fail to appear or pay as scheduled on your case, it can be referred to collections at any time. If your case is in collections, the amount owed will increase by up to 25% and you will need to make payment to the collection agency. For cases after 2013, contact Professional Credit Service (PCS) at 877‑411‑8254. For cases prior to 2013, contact AllianceOne at 800‑456‑​8838. Contact the court if you are unable to determine which collection agency has your case.

Violations Bureau

Court employees staff the Violations Bureau and are authorized by the judge to handle specific court matters. The Violations Bureau is able to help you with most traffic violations and some Salem ordinance violations.

To speak with someone at the Violations Bureau, you must come to the court lobby.

You will be asked to enter a plea. Please follow the instructions on the back of your citation for information about entering a plea.

You may enter a plea of “not guilty” on your traffic citation at the Violations Bureau only if you do not have other outstanding traffic fines. A future hearing will be set where you and the police officer appear in court and speak with the judge about your citation. The judge will hear from both parties and make a decision regarding your case.

You may enter a plea of “no contest” at the Violations Bureau and see if your cited offense qualifies for a reduction of the fine.

Court appearances

Some reasons you may need to appear before the judge are to request a payment plan, if you are unable to pay your fine and the date of your initial court appearance has passed, or if you have other matters pending with this court. View more information about appearing in court.

Minors must appear in court

Children under the age of 18 who receive a traffic ticket must appear in court with a parent or legal guardian. A court appearance is required regardless of the offense or the intent to pay the ticket in full.

Payment Plan

If you appear before a judge and are approved for a payment plan, you must make a payment each month as scheduled. If you do not make a payment each month, your payment plan is revoked and your license can be suspended. Once your license has been suspended, there are a few options to get your driver license back. To request your payment plan be reinstated, you must appear before a judge.

Contact us

Municipal Court
7:30 a.m-5:00 p.m. (lobby)
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. (phone)
555 Liberty ST SE RM 215
Salem OR 97301