Utility rate relief program
Salem offers a monthly discount for qualifying
elderly or disabled single-family residential customers with wastewater service. Only one discount will be approved per household. Once approved for the program, the discount will begin on your next monthly utility bill.
Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency (MWVCAA) screens and qualifies applicants for the Utility Rate Relief Program. If you qualify for the Utility Rate Relief Program you may also be eligible for discounts on your garbage bill.
Contact MWVCAA at
503-588-9016 to schedule an appointment. If you reach a voicemail, please leave your name and contact information so MWVCAA can call you back. You may also be eligible for
relief on your garbage bill.
Compile the following required documents needed to apply for the program.
Proof of age
- Birthdates for all household members.
- Valid identification for all household members age 18 and older.
Proof of income
- Proof of gross income for all household members.
- Household members age 18 and older with zero income will need to complete a declaration of zero income stating how needs are met.
Proof of utility accounts
- Current City of Salem Utility Bill