Apply for Emergency Utility Assistance

​If you are experiencing a short-term need for payment assistance, you can contact one of the local service agencies listed below to apply for aid. This financial assistance can be used to pay your City of Salem utility bill.

Households are limited to receiving a maximum of $150 of assistance during a 12-month cycle, and each agency has its own eligibility rules.

Hands cupping water under faucet.

Contact one of the local social service agencies to see if you are eligible for help paying your utility bill.

​Service agencies

Salvation Army

Joshua Guerin
​​1977 Front Street SE
Salem, OR 97301

1:00–3:00 pm.
9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.

Must provide:

  • Proof of income
  • Proof of age (over 18 years old)
  • City of Salem utility shut off notice

St. Vincent de Paul

​3745 Portland Road NE
Salem, OR 97301

10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.

Must provide:

  • ​​City of Salem utility shut off notice

​More information

If you have any questions or would like more information about emergency utility assistance program or wastewater rate assistance program, please contact Customer Services Utility Billing. 

Help others by donating to the program

Learn how you can help support the emergency utility assistance program.

Contact us

Customer Services Utility BillingPublic Works Department
8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
1410 20th Street SE Building 2
Salem OR 97302-1200
Mail payments to:
P.O. Box 2795
Portland OR 97208-2795